Celebrate St Patricks Day like this to hand but hearty Irish stew.
The ingredient of Beef and Guinness stew
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 800g beef chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato cement
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 2 cups Massel beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- mashed potato, to encouragement
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Beef and Guinness stew
- Place flour and salt and pepper in a snap-lock bag. ensue steak and shake to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan beyond medium heat. Cook steak, in batches, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat permanent oil in saucepan greater than medium heat. accumulate celery, onion, carrot and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. mount up tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually advocate in Guinness. amass accrual and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. condense abbreviate heat to medium-low. Return steak and any juices to pan. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- separate lid. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until steak is tender. Remove bay leaves. protest in parsley. Season as soon as salt and pepper. Spoon mashed potato into shallow bowls. Spoon higher than stew and serve.
Nutritions of Beef and Guinness stewcalories: 473.22 calories
fatContent: 26 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 4 grams sugar
proteinContent: 45 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 124 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 654.36 milligrams sodium