This hearty Beef and Carrot Casserole evokes memories of Morocco subsequent to tomatoes, green olives and preserved lemon.
The ingredient of Beef and carrot casserole
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 750g beef round steak, trimmed and cubed
- 1/4 cup seasoned flour
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp ring cumin
- 2 tsp ring ginger
- 2 cups salt-reduced beef stock
- 6 carrots (or 12 Dutch Carrots), cut into wedges
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped preserved lemon (or zest and juice of 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, lead pro extra, to foster
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Brown rice, to foster
The instruction how to make Beef and carrot casserole
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large deep frying pan around high. Dust beef in flour. Cook, stirring 2-3 mins, until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat long-lasting oil in same pan. Saute leek and garlic for 1-2 mins. toss around in spices. Cook, stirring, 1-2 mins.
- Return beef to pan following stock, carrots, tomatoes, olives, lemon and half the herbs. Season to taste and simmer, uncovered, 35-40 mins. protest in enduring surviving herbs. Sprinkle as soon as additional supplementary parsley. Serve past rice.
Nutritions of Beef and carrot casserolecalories: